Wednesday, November 23, 2016

63. November 23, 2016…Current News…Getting Old Ain’t So Bad


November 23, 2016…Current News…Getting Old Ain’t So Bad

This is not a continuation of my October 20-November 9 trip. 

Pat and I are in Bluffton, SC spending five days with three other couples around Thanksgiving.  It is the fifth straight year that we have come down here to Chechessee Creek Club, a Coore-Crenshaw course completed in 2000.   I love this course, which is a wonderful throw back to earlier times, and beautifully done.  But this post is not about Chechessee.

We arrived around 11am on Tuesday, November 22, had a quick lunch.  Then, naturally it was off to the golf course.  I had been playing very well over the past two weeks.  On Tuesday I fired a very solid 77 and felt great about my game…and had won $4.  Tuesday was also my 72nd birthday.

Then today, Wednesday, we were off at 10:10am, and I started with a birdie on #1…but that was followed by bogies on #2 and #4.  To make a long story short, I was one over par through 15 (par for 18 holes at Chechessee is 70).  I had a bogey on #16 (a long tough par 3), then parred #17, and hit a perfect drive on #18.  Leaving my second shot to 18 near the front of the green, I hit a crisp chip but left it 15’ short.  Unfortunately, I pulled that putt a hair and ended with a 73…so missed another chance to shoot my age.  Boy, this round felt good almost all the way.  My caddy gave me fabulous reads and I really stayed focused.

Can’t remember the last time I wanted to lie about my age (upward!!).  Was a LOT of fun.  Have to keep plugging.  Most importantly…have a GREAT THANKSGIVING!!





No comments:

Post a Comment